How a Virtual Assistant can make your life easier as a landlord
As a landlord, you typically have this list of tasks on your plate:
- Promptly address any issues (safety, structural, etc.) reported by tenants
- Maintain the structural integrity of the property
- Install smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors
- Track capital expenditures and other expenses related to maintaining the rental property
- Conduct bi-yearly or yearly inspections of the property
- After tenant leaves, turnover property and prepare for showings
- If needed, and hopefully it’s not, conduct eviction process
- Create screening criteria to define what a “good tenant” is for your property
- Take photos of the property to list for rent
- Draft description of property for rental listing
- Analyze rent rates in the area
- Post rental listing on sites like Zillow, Facebook Marketplace, Apartments.com, etc.
- Review applications
- Schedule showings for those tenants who you think would be a good fit
- Conduct showings for potential tenants
- Negotiate pricing and lease options
- Create lease for tenants
- Send digital or physical copies to tenants for signing
- Store signed lease documents (either digitally or physically)
- Collect and store security deposit
- Set up rent collection process
- Ensure tenants have access to utility companies if tenant is responsible (electric, water, gas, trash, yard care)
- Plus anything else that comes up!
Did you know a virtual assistant can do the heavy lifting for all of these tasks?
Imagine if you made decisions, and then someone else did the work…
That’s what a virtual assistant can do for landlords.
Comfortly offers property management software for small independent landlords that includes 24/7 tenant phone support and a virtual assistant.